So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90.12

Monday 1 October 2012

Getting A Start On Christmas Cards

Like I've said before, we're not big on "celebrating" Christmas (see this post), but we do send out cards every year.  It is a great time to touch base with people and let them know we are thinking of them.

The last few years, I have made our cards ... or bought cards and  personalised them ;)  When I saw the October challenge over at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round, my creative juices started to flow.  The challenge is to:

"Create a card using a non traditional image with traditional Christmas colours 

OR

Create a card with a traditional Christmas image using non traditional colours."

It just so happened that I picked up a couple of sheets of GORGEOUS paper on clearance at Michaels last week.  I love aqua and red together.  They aren't "traditional" Christmas colours, but they seem to be trendy the last few years.


I made a 6 x 6 inch card out of Medium Awesome Aqua cardstock, and then layered the patterened papers in gradually smaller squares (5x5, 4x4, 3x3, & 2x3).  I then stamped the 2x3 inch piece with a snowflake clear stamp and the "Warm Wishes" sentiment.  I gave the snowflake image a few dots of iridescent glitter glue for a little glitz.  Very quick and easy card but I really like how it turned out.  I think I'll make a few more and I may have to go searching for some more of that paper...

Thanks for dropping by today!  My supply list can be found below this post.


Card Details

Cardstock - WorldWin Papers Colormates cardstock (12x12) in Medium Awesome Aqua
Patterned paper - My Mind's Eye "Brocade" (double-sided, 12x12) 
My Mind's Eye Bohemia Bliss "Love of My Life" Tiny Dots/Blue (double-sided, 12x12)
Clear stamps - Snowflake medallion and "Warm Wishes" (Michaels $1.50 bin)
Ink - red Color Arts pigment ink pad (Great Canadian Dollar Store)
Glitter glue - studio g (Michaels $1.50 bin)


1 comment:

Denise@DigiHaven said...

How lovely! I love these colors and think they look wonderful together. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR this month. ♥ Denise