So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90.12

Sunday 5 June 2011

Another Floral Card

I took a photo of this card weeks ago and kept forgetting to post it.  I really liked how this card turned out.  The cutting was kind of fussy but it actually went together quite quickly.


I made a half-fold card with pale blue cardstock and then added the patterned paper.  The flowers and leaves are a download from Fred, She Said.  I simply cut out the individual flowers and branches and layered the flowers together with a small square gunmetal finish brad from Making Memories.  Then I decided how the two flowers and two branches should be placed and glued them to my backing paper (not sure what brand of paper this is - it may be K&Company or Autumn Leaves, I'm not sure.)  For the sentiment, I used one of my handy dollar store stamps and sage green ink (Anna Griffin Rose Collection by All Night Media) to stamp on white cardstock.  I then cut out the sentiment using my "Bubbles" decorative edge scissors and inked the edges with the sage green ink.  Not too frilly, but still feminine.

I'm just starting to get the hang of inking the edges of pieces.  I tend to do too much or not enough.  Not enough is easier to fix than too much!  It took me 3 or 4 tries to do this little sentiment to my satisfaction.

One of the best tools I have found for cutting out intricate items is kind of unusual.  When we were living in Quebec for a year and a half, I needed to buy a pair of scissors. I ending up buying a set of 4 different sizes.  The smallest was called "coupon clippers" and I have found them to be good for cutting out small items.



They are fairly small - as you can see from the photo.  The ends of the blades are blunted, which I like (keeps me from stabbing myself ;)  And the best part is... the whole set cost $3!

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: